Calvin has been a game developer since breaking into the industry back in 2021. He currently works in AAA gaming as a 3D artist with a focus on environment, lighting, character art, Photogrammetry and scan-data. Currently based in Melbourne Australia and working with AAA developers and publishers on upcoming undisclosed titles for PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, and PC.
Today, as a 3D artist his efforts and passion are focused on a hyper-realism art style for contribution to video game environments, modeling assets, and props.
Calvin's early artistic career has been heavily influenced by 80's horror and thrillers by creators such as George A. Romero, Stephen King, and Shinji Mikami.
Specialties: High and low poly modeling, UV / Texturing environment, prop modeling, Photogrammetry, Scan-data, and Rendering for Presentation Needs.
- Creating detailed PBR environment assets using Maya, Substance Suite, including Photogrammetry and standard texture pipelines.
- UV mapping / 0-1 space and Texture Preparation for optimization game-ready files.
- Assembles assets, cameras, and lighting cutscenes for gameplay atmosphere within the in-house priority Engine.
- Creating Collision for in-game assets and Generation for Crowd and Security.
- Photogrammetry & Photo Editing/preparation for head scan point cloud data and dense character mesh models.
- In-game Renders for marketing material.
- Comfortable in an agile environment with daily standups, sprint planning, and task management.
- Creating detailed PBR environment assets.
- UV mapping / 0-1 space and Texture Preparation for Production and game-ready files.
- Creating photo-realistic materials for open-world props in Substance Designer
- Works with Modular and non-destructive pipelines within team workflow.
- Assembled assets in Unreal Engine 4
- Made use of reusability with in house tools for fast call-out times.
- Works with agile tools such as Source Control, Kanban Charts and communications with Microsoft Teams.
Client Work within the Video Game and Modding Community. Collaborations include modelling 3D Assets, UV mapping textures and rendering. Occasionally working with high to low baking and retopologizing assets for game ready production and optimization.
Melbourne, Commercial | Media Press Photographer.
Live events, fashion, music, and writing articles. Content creator for web and social media. Understanding of lighting/composition, color theory, and advanced high-end retouching.